Mercurial SCM v0.6b released

From: Matt Mackall
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 02:23:00 EST

Mercurial is a clean, scalable, distributed SCM designed to meet the
needs of large projects like the Linux kernel.

It's only been two weeks since the last release, but development has
been rapid and I've gotten numerous requests to push out a new
release. You can download it at:

http://selenic.com/mercurial/release/mercurial-0.6b.tar.gz

A Linux kernel repository synced with Linus' tree and with history
back to 2.4.0 is available at:

http://www.kernel.org/hg/

More information available at:

http://selenic.com/mercurial/

What's new:

improved ui
new clone command replaces mkdir+init+pull+update
new revert command
add range support and -p option to log to show patches
tags command now supports local tags
improved push and pull
better exception and signal handling
improved option parsing
support for user-defined hooks (aka triggers)
performance updates
even faster import of large sets of patches
faster delta generation
faster annotate
faster status and ignore
improved web interface
more conformant and compatible HTML output
built-in RSS feeds
better tags handling
fast multiple keyword search
portability work
support for Windows is nearly complete
should easily compile and install on any modern UNIX
comes with RPM spec file and script
and more
doc and help updates
improved test suite
numerous bug fixes and cleanups

Many thanks to all the people that contributed to this release with
code and testing!