Re: 2.6.13-rc3-mm1

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Fri Jul 15 2005 - 18:30:55 EST

Yoichi Yuasa <yuasa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Andrew
>
> I got the following error.
>
> make ARCH=mips oldconfig
> scripts/kconfig/conf -o arch/mips/Kconfig
> drivers/video/Kconfig:7:warning: type of 'FB' redefined from 'boolean' to 'tristate'
>
> file drivers/char/speakup/Kconfig already scanned?
> make[1]: *** [oldconfig] Error 1
> make: *** [oldconfig] Error 2

Well arch/mips/Kconfig is defining CONFIG_FB as bool and
drivers/video/Kconfig was changed a while ago to define it as tristate. I
assume this failure also happens in linus's current tree.

It seems odd that mips is privately duplicating the generic code's
definition. Maybe that needs to be taken out of there.

I'll cc the fbdev guys - could someone please come up with fix? It's a
showstopper for the MIPS architecture.