Re: KLive: Linux Kernel Live Usage Monitor

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 10:24:12 EST

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 08:20:51PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Well, you could remove everything that is not valid kernel text from backtrace.

What if the corruption wrote the ssh key inside a the kernel text?

As suggested before, I suspect the only way would be to make it
optional.

> Oh and you probably want to somehow identify modified kernels.
> Otherwise if I do some development on 2.3.4-foo5, you'll get many oopsen
> caused by my development code... it is getting complex.

Agreed, however there's no way to do it reliably, since if you apply a
patch before compiling the kernel, there's no way to know it unless we
do a md5sum of the whole source at every compilation and that would be
too slow ;)

Thanks.