Re: 2.6.13-mm1

From: Dominik Karall
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 13:01:35 EST

On Thursday 01 September 2005 19:34, John Stoffel wrote:
> Dominik,
>
> So what is the chipset inside the enclosure? Looking at your output,
> the 'Argosy' stuff doesn't tell me anything. You might have to open
> up the case to look in there to find more details.
>
> Again, check with your vendor and see if there is newer firmware. And
> have you powered up the device without having it plugged into the
> system, then plug it in? What happens then?

Why should I check for newer firmware!? I don't understand that point of view.
The device works without any problems with 2.6.13-ck1 as 2.6.13-rc6-mm1 and
before kernels. So there is no need to check the firmware imho.

I don't think that it makes any difference if I power up first or plug in
first. The device is recognized when I power it on, so it would be the same
when I power it on and connect after that imho.

I will try to get the backtraces from the kernel, this should make debugging
easier.

greets,
dominik