Re: Possible BUG in IPv4 TCP window handling, all recent 2.4.x/2.6.xkernels

From: Ion Badulescu
Date: Fri Sep 02 2005 - 08:48:47 EST

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Guillaume Autran wrote:

I experienced the very same problem but with window size going all the way down to just a few bytes (14 bytes). dump files available upon requests :)
Ion, how were you able to reproduce the issue ? Can the same type of traffice always reproduce the issue or is it more intermittent ?

I have no problem whatsoever reproducing it, at least with the kind of traffic I described. I had 4 flows like that running yesterday, and all 4 had TCP window sizes smaller than 500 bytes on the receiver by mid-day.

-Ion