Re: Kernel 2.6.12 and 2.6.13 hangs for a while on boot

From: Andrew Burgess
Date: Fri Sep 02 2005 - 16:29:12 EST

>I'm having little hangs while booting with kernels 2.6.12 and 2.6.13-rc1, rc2
>and rc3.

>It is strange that 2.6.12-rc1 booted ok without hangs.

>Hangs appears just before mounting filesystems message and before configuring
>system to use udev.

I had a similar problem (intermittant) and narrowed it down to mod loading of
uhci-hcd so I blacklisted the module and loaded it later in rc.local where it
didn't hang.

Recently I tried unblacklisting it to see if it still hung and it did
not so you might try 2.6.13 final.

To narrow it down, edit rc.sysinit (depending on distribution) and make the
modprobes into modprobe -v

>I'm using 2.6.13 on a Gateway laptop.

Hmm, above you say 2.6.13-rc[1-3]
???