Re: 2.6.13-mm1: hangs during boot ...

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 04:52:30 EST

Peter Williams <pwil3058@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Please then try the latest ACPI patch here:
> > http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/lenb/acpi/patches/release/2.6.13/acpi-20050902-2.6.13.diff.gz
> > It should apply to vanilla 2.6.13 with a reject in ia64/Kconfig
> > that you can ignore.
> >
> > If this works, then we munged git-acpi.patch in 2.6.13-mm1 somehow.
>
> There were no problems with this patch applied. So it looks like the
> munge theory is correct.

That diff is significantly different from the diff I plucked from
master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux-acpi-2.6.git#test
for 2.6.13-mm1.

Doing (patch -R | grep FAILED) on 2.6.13-mm1 says:

Hunk #3 FAILED at 356.
1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file arch/ia64/Kconfig.rej
Hunk #6 FAILED at 190.
Hunk #8 FAILED at 221.
Hunk #10 FAILED at 254.
Hunk #11 FAILED at 357.
Hunk #15 FAILED at 474.
Hunk #17 FAILED at 569.
6 out of 17 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/acpi/dispatcher/dsmethod.c.rej
Hunk #19 FAILED at 468.
Hunk #29 FAILED at 701.
2 out of 38 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/acpi/dispatcher/dswload.c.rej
Hunk #14 FAILED at 321.
Hunk #43 FAILED at 1159.
2 out of 44 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/acpi/osl.c.rej
Hunk #17 FAILED at 1134.
1 out of 18 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/acpi/parser/psparse.c.rej
Hunk #3 FAILED at 74.
1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/acpi/parser/psxface.c.rej
Hunk #1 FAILED at 35.
1 out of 15 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/acpi/pci_bind.c.rej
Hunk #5 FAILED at 220.
Hunk #15 FAILED at 412.
Hunk #16 FAILED at 425.
Hunk #17 FAILED at 446.
Hunk #19 FAILED at 484.
5 out of 36 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/acpi/processor_core.c.rej
Hunk #1 FAILED at 41.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 71.
Hunk #4 FAILED at -55.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 30.
Hunk #6 FAILED at 40.
Hunk #7 FAILED at 69.
Hunk #9 FAILED at 317.
Hunk #10 FAILED at 344.
Hunk #12 FAILED at 289.
Hunk #14 FAILED at 523.
Hunk #15 FAILED at 607.
Hunk #16 FAILED at 618.
Hunk #17 FAILED at 645.
Hunk #19 FAILED at 534.
Hunk #20 FAILED at 686.
Hunk #22 FAILED at 916.
Hunk #23 FAILED at 968.
Hunk #25 FAILED at 881.
Hunk #26 FAILED at 891.
Hunk #29 FAILED at 953.
20 out of 29 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/acpi/resources/rsaddr.c.rej
Hunk #11 FAILED at 289.
Hunk #16 FAILED at 407.
Hunk #17 FAILED at 425.
Hunk #18 FAILED at 434.
Hunk #20 FAILED at 470.
Hunk #21 FAILED at 527.
6 out of 21 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/acpi/resources/rsirq.c.rej
Hunk #27 FAILED at 553.
1 out of 61 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/acpi/scan.c.rej
Hunk #1 FAILED at 41.
1 out of 34 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/acpi/utilities/utmisc.c.rej
Hunk #5 FAILED at 291.
1 out of 76 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/acpi/video.c.rej
Hunk #2 FAILED at 64.
1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file include/acpi/acconfig.h.rej
Hunk #1 FAILED at 41.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file include/acpi/acdispat.h.rej
Hunk #29 FAILED at 1078.
Hunk #30 FAILED at 1240.
2 out of 31 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file include/acpi/actypes.h.rej