Re: forbid to strace a program

From: Alex Riesen
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 15:30:25 EST

On 9/3/05, Andreas Hartmann <andihartmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is it possible to prevent a program to be straced on x86?
> What do I have to do, eg., to prevent a perl-program to be straced?

So that none can see what are you doing? Or because your program is
breaking because of this? Probably nothing, but someone would like
to know what it is you are doing and exactly how it breaks (and, if
you don't mind -
why it breaks).

Actuall, you can prevent a program of being straced (or debugged, for
that matter):
run it as another user. Root still can strace anything, though.