Re: [ANNOUNCE] DSFS Network Forensic File System for Linux Patches

From: Bernd Eckenfels
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 16:27:12 EST

In article <1125569702.15768.0.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:
>> The Linux kernel allows binary drivers, you just have to live with a limited
>> number of exported symbols and that the kernel is tainted. Which basically
>> means nobody sane can help you with corrupted kernel data structures.
>
> You appear to be confused. The exported symbols are part of a GPL
> product. The only question of relevance is whether the item is a derived
> work in law or not.

I dont understand that? Can you point out where I am confused?

is a flag for developers to be alerted while debugging), is that right?

Non GPL Modules are also restrited in the number of symbols they can use,
this is to make it harder to derive work from the Linux Kernel with a ABI
interface.

Gruss
Bernd