Re: [Linux-cluster] Re: GFS, what's remaining

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 20:36:09 EST

Joel Becker <Joel.Becker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 06:21:26PM -0400, Daniel Phillips wrote:
> > that fit the configfs-nee-sysfs model? If it does, the payoff will be about
> > 500 lines saved.
>
> I'm still awaiting your merge of ext3 and reiserfs, because you
> can save probably 500 lines having a filesystem that can create reiser
> and ext3 files at the same time.

oy. Daniel is asking a legitimate question.

If there's duplicated code in there then we should seek to either make the
code multi-purpose or place the common or reusable parts into a library
somewhere.

If neither approach is applicable or practical for *every single function*
then fine, please explain why. AFAIR that has not been done.