Re: R: R: [Linux-ATM-General] [ATMSAR] Request for review - update#1

From: matthieu castet
Date: Sun Sep 04 2005 - 14:14:12 EST

Giampaolo Tomassoni wrote:
-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Francois Romieu [mailto:romieu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Inviato: domenica 4 settembre 2005 17.33
A: Giampaolo Tomassoni
Cc: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
linux-atm-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oggetto: Re: R: [Linux-ATM-General] [ATMSAR] Request for review - update #1

...omissis...

I'd be happily surprized to see more documented ADSL PCI/USB device in the
near future. :o(

OT Question. What about an open adsl device? The linux community had been bumped out by the adsl market for at least a couple of years, and nobody knows (or tells) why...

That could be a definitive answer. Is there anybody interested in this?

The problem is that lot's of new devices implement part of their dsp function in the kernel space instead of in the device.
And as company don't want to publish their dsp algorith and open source it, we can't have open source driver for it.

That the case for bewan device (that even include a libm in their source) and for pulsar pci device...