Re: igmp problem

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 11:23:03 EST

On 9/5/05, felix-linuxkernel@xxxxxxx <felix-linuxkernel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I wrote a few multicast tools, which use these multicast groups:
>
> 225.109.99.112
> ff02::6d63:7030
> 224.110.99.112
> ff02::6e63:7030
>
> I have a Cisco in the middle, and both boxes are in different VLANs.
> The Cisco is sending out igmp queries. The kernel never answers, even
> after subscribing to these multicast groups.
>
> The kernel version is 2.4.26. What could be the problem here?
>
> I found no netfilter rules, and the kernel has multicast support (at
> least several igmp related sysctls exist).

I'm unfortunately not able to help you with your specific problem, but
a few words of advice: you really ought to start by reproducing the
problem with a recent kernel - like 2.4.31 or 2.6.13.
2.4.26 is really ancient and noone really cares about it any more.

You should probably also talk to the netdev people (CC'ed).

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>