Re: 2.6.13 lockup at boot after/at cpu initialization

From: Moses Leslie
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 15:25:44 EST

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Andrew Morton wrote:

> You may get some more output if you add `earlyprintk=vga' to the kernel
> boot command line.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the delay in response.

It turns out that I think it's an error on my end. The kernel didn't
actually crash, it just doesn't print anything to the screen after the
lines I pasted. It appears to boot normally after that.

My guess is some sort of console handler is missing, I will try to figure
out what that might be.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Moses