Re: [ck] 2.6.13-ck2

From: Adam Petaccia
Date: Tue Sep 06 2005 - 13:26:29 EST

On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 23:44 +1000, Con Kolivas wrote:
> These are patches designed to improve system responsiveness and interactivity.
> It is configurable to any workload but the default ck* patch is aimed at the
> desktop and ck*-server is available with more emphasis on serverspace.
>

> Apply to 2.6.13
> http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.13/2.6.13-ck2/patch-2.6.13-ck2.bz2
>
> or server version (no new version this release):
> http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.13/2.6.13-ck1/patch-2.6.13-ck1-server.bz2
>

> web:
> http://kernel.kolivas.org
> all patches:
> http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/
> Split patches available.
>

> Changes:
>
> Added:
> +vm-swap_prefetch-2.patch
> As mentioned many times already, this code prefetches ram that has been
> swapped out during idle periods. This is the latest version of the patch and
> is a config option.
I think this patch is missing an IFDEF or something (I'm not really a
programmer, I just like to pretend). Anyway, I've tried building -ck2
without swap enabled, and it failed. Just to make sure, I make'd
distclean, and I get the following:

LD .tmp_vmlinux1
mm/built-in.o: In function `zone_watermark_ok':
mm/page_alloc.c:763: undefined reference to `delay_prefetch'
mm/built-in.o: In function `swap_setup':
mm/swap.c:485: undefined reference to `prepare_prefetch'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

--
Adam Petaccia <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>