Re: MTP - Media Transfer Protocol support

From: Giuseppe Bilotta
Date: Sat Oct 08 2005 - 06:23:51 EST

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 19:51:03 +0200, Eric Piel wrote:

> Deep deep apologies, I've just checked again, and in fact it seems like
> yesterday I probably pressed the button without noticing I was agreeing
> the license (too many "yes" buttons in my life) (or there was a nasty
> bug in wine?). IANAL, so even after carefully reading it I didn't manage
> to understand if it was illegal for me to read the Specification and do
> a backup on my ftp server (and then give a link to it). Anyway, I've
> removed it from there. I'd probably advise people who've downloaded it
> to delete it.

I was able to extract the .doc file from the executable without
running it[1] so I am not bound by any license (there is no license
involved in downloading it, nor in the document itself). I produced a
.pdf using OOo 1.9.122. I would put it online, but the document's
first page reads:

"""
For Review and Discussion Only
Draft Document Subject to Revision or Rejection
Not For Publication or General Distribution
"""

so I'm still not sure if I can pass it on or not.

[1] using the appropriate packer plugin in Total Commander

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

"I'm never quite so stupid
as when I'm being smart" --Linus van Pelt