Re: Modular i810fb broken, partial fix

From: Manuel Lauss
Date: Sat Oct 08 2005 - 10:31:48 EST

Antonino A. Daplas wrote:
Manuel Lauss wrote:
I tried the module on my i815 laptop, after modprobe the module does
nothing.
The call to pci_register_driver() returns 0, and thats it; the probe
function
does not get called. Same thing with Bernhard's patch applied. No problems
when compiled-in. Kernel 2.6.14-rc2-mm1, AGP compiled in, no DRM.

That's weird. Can you find out why the probe function is not called? Can

Stupid me, the i810_smbus driver grabbed the device and so the driver core
didn't probe i810fb against it.
With that one out of the way, modprobing i810fb with the appropriate parameters
correctly switches to graphics mode and fbcon gives me a nice console,
with and without Bernhard's patch.

for reference:
modprobe i810fb mode_option=1024x768-8@60 hsync1=40 hsync2=60 vsync1=50 vsync2=70 vram=4

--