Uml left showstopper bugs for 2.6.14

From: Blaisorblade
Date: Sun Oct 09 2005 - 14:27:11 EST

Here's a short and updated list of showstoppers for 2.6.14 release, from the
UML point of view.

It's all things for which we (me and Jeff) have fixes, we are just in the
progress of cleaning them and/or in the queues.

I initially read 2.6.14 ETA's was around October 7, when is it now?

However, here we go with the showstoppers (mostly regression):

1) problems with UBD (i.e. _the_ uml block driver): this is pretty dangerous
and untrivial to fix, even if the code exists - so I and Jeff agreed to revert
the change altogether. Jeff will send the thing.

2) Someone broke endianness of COW driver macros in a header cleanup. I have
fixes.

3) SKAS0 is broken on amd64 hosts, when frame pointers are disabled. Jeff has
the fix, waiting end of testing.

4) SKAS0 is broken with GCC 3.2.3, and potentially other GCC releases - look
at arch/um/include/sysdep-i386/stub.h: stub_syscall*() to see how. I have two
fixes, choosing the safer one (it's all just simply reusing code from
<asm/unistd.h>).

5) Compile-time regression with SKAS mode disabled, will fix later (I'm going
to have dinner now).
--
Inform me of my mistakes, so I can keep imitating Homer Simpson's "Doh!".
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade (Skype ID "PaoloGiarrusso", ICQ 215621894)