Problems with NS83815 on WinTerm hardware

From: Wilmer van der Gaast
Date: Sun Oct 09 2005 - 14:51:36 EST

Hello,

This weekend I finally got Linux to boot on WYSE WinTerm hardware
(WT3320SE). However, things aren't completely smooth yet with recent
kernels. With 2.4.31 things seem to work quit well, but with 2.6 kernels
there are still some problems.

To make a long story quick, I tried 2.6.14-rc3 before writing this post
and it seems to work better. I can boot, use my NFS-root and work, but
every five seconds I get some error/warning messages from the driver:

eth0: DSPCFG mismatch after retrying for 4000 usec.
eth0: Wake-up event 0x80000a
eth0: Setting full-duplex based on negotiated link capability.

Basically that's the only problem left. I put some more info about the
problems with some kernel versions here:

http://tosca.kabel.utwente.nl/~wilmer/natsemi.txt

I might have to generate some more debugging information, I'd be happy
to do that if someone can tell me what exactly could be useful.

Greetings,

Wilmer van der Gaast.

--
| lintux : :' : lintux.cx | | Currently playing |