Re: Sparc64 U60: no iptables

From: seb
Date: Mon Oct 10 2005 - 03:25:39 EST

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 08:26:46PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> From: Sébastien Bernard <seb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 20:28:31 +0200
>
> > Can one explain me why this patch works on other archs, and oops on the
> > sparc64 smp ?
> > Can one explain why I'm the only one to have this problem ?
>
> On your Ultra60 the two physical cpus are numbered "0" and "2".

Thanks for the information.

Indeed they are. Does the patch assume that cpus are numbered in a
row ?
Now, I reverted the patch for ip_tables.c, ip6_tables.c and ebtables.c.
Everything is working ok (11h uptime).

Is this problem specific to the Ultra 60 or sparc arch ?
Will a proper fix be issued for our machines ?

Seb