Re: 32 bit (socket layer) ioctl emulation for 64 bit kernels- Question regarding...

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Mon Oct 10 2005 - 06:59:08 EST

On Maandag 10 Oktober 2005 06:21, spereira wrote:

> Is there currently an alternative to register_ioctl32_conversion that
> would help achive 32 bit ioctl emulation at the socket layer?
> Any suggestions/advice whould be much appreciated.

The correct solution would be to add the missing functionality to
net/socket.c and move over the implementation of SIOC* from
fs/compat_ioctl.c. Getting the code path right is a little tricky,
but I think a patch to fix this up would be appreciated.

As a start, you could define a compat_sock_ioctl along the
lines of compat_blkdev_ioctl and add your own handlers to the
x25_proto_ops, but IMHO it would makes sense to get rid of stuff
like dev_ifsioc from fs/compat_ioctl.c at the same time by
introducing a new compat_dev_ioctl called from compat_sock_ioctl.

Arnd <><