IPW Question on menuconfig

From: Alejandro Bonilla Beeche
Date: Mon Oct 10 2005 - 22:01:25 EST

Hi,

I was just git updating 2.6.14-rc4 and I didn't have the CONFIG_IEEE80211 module selected, then I went into Device Drivers / Network devices / Wireless, and the IPW2100 wasn't in the list. I went, then Modularized the IEEE80211 and then IPW2100 was there. I think is kind of estrange that IPW2100 wouldn't show just because it has a dependencie, shouldn't IPW2100 show in the list, and if you select it, then it would also select CONFIG_IEEE80211?

Just a dumb question cause I dunno how is normally done or the policy to do this.

.Alejandro