Re: books on scsi for linux

From: Karthik Sarangan
Date: Mon Oct 10 2005 - 23:20:38 EST

> Kenneth Porter wrote:

The problem with your original question:

Can anyone tell me which books/ebooks/articles on scsi subsystem for
linux are good?

is that it doesn't reflect the level of reader. If you don't know anything about SCSI, you should start with something on the bus, independent of the OS. Then read about the OS, using one of the above books. Then read the source code, to see how they connect.

I read the SCSI-Generic-HOWTO, have a fair idea of SCSi commands and am in doubt how the SCSI subsystem is actually implemented.

The links however are good enough. Thanks Kenneth.