Re: Latency data - 2.6.14-rc3-rt13

From: Mark Knecht
Date: Mon Oct 10 2005 - 23:46:14 EST

On 10/10/05, Matan Peled <chaosite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Well, I'm disappointed again. Some xruns came but no additional data
> > was put into the dmesage file:
>
> "dmesage file"? You mean, "/var/log/dmesg"? No, thats not the file you want...
> At least here, that file contains the logs as they were when the boot finishes.
>
> The information you want can be retrieved by running the command (actual program
> to run, type it in a terminal) "dmesg".

Right, sorry. Obviously bad typing on my part. I am running 'dmesg' at
the command line to get the traces. My bad...

Anyway, these latencies seem understood at this point. They are just
the timer that you set in the kernel hacking section. No big deal.
However, none of the messages yet give any clues (that I understand)
as to the cause of the timing misses I'm seeing with 2.6.14-rc3-rt13.
I shall look into a 2.6.14-rc4-rtX tomorrow.

Cheers,
Mark