Re: 2.6.13-rt12: irqs hard off for 657 usecs

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Oct 11 2005 - 14:54:45 EST

* Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > The max latency is close to the period of the timer IRQ. So either it's
> > an instrumentation bug or something really disables IRQs for up to 1/HZ
> > seconds.
>
> I can no longer reproduce this with 2.6.14-rc4-rt1. It seems to have
> been a real IRQs disabled bug (not an instrumentation bug) as I was
> also getting xruns with 2.6.13-rt12.

ok, please re-report if it occurs again. I havent fixed any preemption
bug since -rt12, but maybe as a side-effect of other things? Some false
positive latencies were fixed in the latency tracer, but since you also
got xruns, they must have been real latencies. (albeit saving a long
false-positive latency trace can cause a latency by itself!)

Ingo