Re: Dual Xeon Time skips with 2.6

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Tue Oct 11 2005 - 15:21:45 EST

Robert Hancock wrote:

You can probably avoid this problem by using "notsc" on the kernel command line. It would seem that somehow the TSC drift is too small for the kernel to notice on boot, but causes problems anyway..

This sounds familiar, although much larger than what I see, is it possible for an Intel dual core CPU to do this as well? I sometimes see very unintuitive timestamps on network stuff.
--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)