Re: 2.6.14-rc4-rt1

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Wed Oct 12 2005 - 01:40:18 EST

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> i'm not sure latency traces will uncover anything useful for this bug.
> Your problems could be timer issues: timers going off too fast cause
> high keyboard repeat rates, and the same goes for the screensaver. Does
> 'sleep 1' work as expected, or is that timing out in an "accelerated"
> way too?

I usually recommend doing a 'sleep 10'. It really shows you if things are
wrong. If a sleep 1 returns 2 seconds, or 0.5 seconds later it may not be
detected. But a sleep 10 returning 20 seconds or 5 seconds later is
obvious.

Just my 20 cents (inflation - and like my comment I multiplied by 10 ;-)

-- Steve