Re: Nokia 770 kernel sources?

From: Jon Masters
Date: Wed Oct 12 2005 - 13:39:09 EST

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 07:08:47PM +0300, Kai Svahn wrote:

> The kernel sources for N770 will be available in www.maemo.org when we
> start sales. There will be some binary modules that will not be made
> open source. All drivers we can open source, we will, and they will be
> pushed to linux-omap tree and into mainstream kernel through driver
> specific channels. Unfortunately all open source drivers are not yet in
> linux-omap tree so you cannot compile your own kernel for N770, I'm
> sorry about that.

Sure thing. I'm actually just trying to be helpful since I'm pretty
experienced at debugging kernels and noticed a few issues with the VM on
the unit I have - guess I'll have to wait before I can debug those -
there's also a couple of problems with the audio driver.

There's a suspicious looking connector in the battery compartment that
might well be JTAG. In any case, I'm confident that if I actually opened
this unit I could figure out the changes you've made to the reference OMAP.
But I'll wait because I don't want to take this unit apart :-)

Jon.