Re: 2.6.14-rc4-rt1 - enable IRQ-off tracing causes kernel to fault at boot

From: Mark Knecht
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 14:10:55 EST

On 10/13/05, Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Mark Knecht wrote:
>

> > Question: Is a 'null modem' cable just a plain serial cable, or is it
> > a special serial cable I need to go buy?
> >

> Also make sure that you get a cable with two female ends. If the computer
> guy has half a clue, asking for a 'null modem cable' with two female ends
> to connect two computers together. Should be enough info for him to get
> you the right cable. Although he might ask "9 pin or 25?". Which you
> would say 9. :-)
>
> -- Steve

Ingo & Steve,
Thank you for your great instructions that even a guitar player
could basically follow. After about an hour of messing around I did
manage to capture the crash. The console file is attached.

NOTE: The first time I booted the kernel it got to the crash point and
the machine rebooted. The second time it booted I got the trace. Both
boots are in the capture file.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mark