Newbie problem with Gigabyte GA-K8U mainboard, ALi/ULi 1689 chipsetand agpgart...

From: Łukasz Gromanowski
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 16:20:14 EST

Hi,
i have computer with Gigabyte GA-K8U motherboard with ULi 1689 chipset
(northbridge):

http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Products/Products_GA-K8U.htm#

I want enable 3d hardware acceleration for my ATI Radeon 9550 card
and i tried to compile new kernel 2.6.13 (vanilla from Slackware
current) with agpgart -> ALI chipset option enabled. But when
i run new kernel i saw agpgart error: "unsupported ALI chipset".
Could you help me with it, please? What agpgart module should
i choose instead of ALI? And another question - will
be ALi/ULi 1689 chipset supported in near future in kernel?

Sorry for my spelling errors - English is not my native language.

best regards,
Lukasz Gromanowski