Re: [linux-pm] [RFC] userland swsusp

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 17:40:02 EST

Hi,

On Wednesday, 16 of November 2005 22:13, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 09:05, Pavel Machek wrote:
}-- snip --{
> > So... to get 225 patches in, you'll need to explain that
> > userland-swsusp can't work. If you can do that, please be nice and do
> > it soon, so that I don't waste too much time on userland-swsusp.
>
> I thought Dave already did that.

Not as far as I'm concerned. He criticised the implementation,
which I generally agree with, but IMO the overall idea is not wrong.

BTW, you don't need to export the page flags, use /dev/kmem etc. to implement
it. The only concern that I have wrt it is the writing of the image _after_ the
system has been snapshotted.

Greetings,
Rafael