Re: [Lhms-devel] Re: 2.6.14-mm2

From: KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 19:10:40 EST

Dave Hansen wrote:
Hmmm. I _think_ you're just trying to do some things at runtime that I
didn't intend. In the patch I pointed to in the last mail, look at what
I did in hot_add_zone_init(). It does some of what
free_area_init_core() does, but only the most minimal bits. Basically:

zone_wait_table_init(zone, size_pages);
init_currently_empty_zone(zone, phys_start_pfn, size_pages);
zone_pcp_init(zone);

Your way may also be valid, but I broke out init_currently_empty_zone()
for a reason, and I think this was it. I don't think we want to be
calling free_area_init_core() itself at runtime.

I understand what is missing..
"add new zone" function is not in -mm kernel.
So, I can't add new pages into Highmem which is empty at boot time.
Could you post your "add new zone" patch to -mm ?

-- Kame