[PATCH 0/10] Kdump Update i386/x86_64
From: Vivek Goyal
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 08:13:21 EST
Following set of patches is an update to kdump on i386 and x86_64. Changes
arises mainly due to review comments received during last posting of
kdump for x86_64.
- i386 save ss esp bug fix
- dynamic per cpu allocation of memory for saving cpu registers
- export per cpu crash notes pointer through sysfs
- save registers early (inline functions)
- x86_64 add memmmap command line option
- x86_64 add elfcorehdr command line option
- x86_64 kexec on panic
- x86_64 save cpu registers upon crash
- read previous kernel's memory
- kexec increase max segment limit
This set of patches has been tested on i386 and em64t x86_64 machine. Crash
dumps can be captured and opened using gdb and crash-4.0-2.12.
Corresponding kexec-tools patches are being posted in a separate set
on fastboot mailing list.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/