Re: compile fix 2.6.15-rc1-mm1 + EXPERIMENTAL+ CONFIG_SPARSEMEM +X86_PC

From: Tim Schmielau
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 22:30:28 EST

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Andrew Morton wrote:

> KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki <kamezawa.hiroyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > This is a compile fix for
> > X86_PC && EXPERIMENTAL && CONFIG_SPARSEMEM=y && !CONFIG_NEED_MULTIPLE_NODES
> >
> > BTW, on x86, it looks I can select CONFIG_NUMA=y but will not set
> > CONFIG_NEED_MULTIPLE_NODES. It this expected ?
> >

> Please send me the .config.

Indeed, please do. Especially as I cannot reproduce the problem here.

I did a "make allnoconfig" and then selected EXPERIMENTAL and
CONFIG_SPARSEMEM through "make menuconfig".
This gives many "pfn to_to_nid" redefined warnings, but no error.

BTW., the warnings appear even if dont-include-schedh-from-moduleh.patch
is backed out. Thus I plead "not guilty". ;-)

Tim