Re: dvd writes truncated 3 Mbytes

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 11:35:57 EST

On Friday 18 November 2005 17:03, Gene Heskett wrote:
>Greetings;
>
>I've just tried to burn a dvd iso 4 times, 2 different brands of disks,
>getting an identical but bad md5sum for all 4 writes.
>
>K3B reports it has written 1160 or 1163 Mbytes each time, but doesn't
>seem to have a problem with that.
>
>Kernel is 2.6.14.2, without packet writing for cd/dvd turned on, but I
>have one with it enabled building now. K3B is 0.11.13, cdrecord is
>2.1(dvd), groisofs is 5.21, mkisofs is 2.1-a34. The drive is a Lite-On
>DVDRW SOHW-1673S.
>
>Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? I've been making
>good cd's all along with no problems, in this new drive, till now.

An update in case anyone here cares. The dvd is read in its entirety
by md5sum, the whole 4.7Gb of it. A cmp -l on the src iso and the disk
reports nothing different before the EOF on the src iso image, so I
had a good burn all 5 times...

I've mailed the gnu folks at their bug address.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)