Re: [NBD] Use per-device semaphore instead of BKL

From: Paul Clements
Date: Sun Nov 20 2005 - 20:13:29 EST

Herbert Xu wrote:
On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 04:42:23PM -0500, Paul Clements wrote:

nbd-client -d (disconnect) is the main reason -- this functionality would be broken if we didn't allow ioctls anymore

Good point. In fact my initial patch missed a pair of locks around
this case as well. Here is a patch to move NBD_DISCONNECT outside
the ioctl_lock and add a tx_lock around it.

Yep, I think that will do it. I'll test these two patches some and let you know if I see any problems.

Thanks again.

--
Paul