Re: what is our answer to ZFS?

From: Diego Calleja
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 06:45:42 EST

El Mon, 21 Nov 2005 01:59:15 -0800 (PST),
Alfred Brons <alfredbrons@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Thanks Paulo!
> I wasn't aware of this thread.
>
> But my question was: do we have similar functionality
> in Linux kernel?
>
> Taking in account ZFS availability as 100% open
> source, I'm starting think about migration to Nexenta
> OS some of my servers just because of this feature...

There're some rumors saying that sun might be considering a linux port.

http://www.sun.com/emrkt/campaign_docs/expertexchange/knowledge/solaris_zfs_gen.html#10

Q: Any thoughts on porting ZFS to Linux, AIX, or HPUX?
A: No plans of porting to AIX and HPUX. Porting to Linux is currently
being investigated.

(personally I doubt it, that FAQ was written some time ago and Sun's
executives change their opinion more often than Linus does ;)