Bug in promise_new ide conteroller (was: Re: [BUG] PDC20268crashing during DMA setup on stock Debian 2.6.12-1-powerpc)

From: Kasper Sandberg
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 16:21:05 EST

i have a promise controller and it fails too, but only some times (never
during startup).. i get the following errors:
hdf: dma_intr: bad DMA status (dma_stat=75)
hdf: dma_intr: status=0x50 { DriveReady SeekComplete }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hdf: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x60
hdf: DMA timeout retry
PDC202XX: Primary channel reset.
hdf: timeout waiting for DMA

and i know for a fact it isnt the indidual controller, as i tried with 2
other brand new ones, and i know it isnt the drives/cables/computer,
since i tried switching it all around, and it keeps happening.

if it does this while reading/writing the system hardlocks..

i wrote promise technical support, which said it could be caused by
sharing interrupts, so i checked, and it did share with my NIC, so i
switched to another pci slot, and now it has its own interrupt, YET it
still keeps doing this..

i would greatly apreciate any help