Re: 2.6.15-rc1-mm1

From: Ian McDonald
Date: Tue Nov 22 2005 - 15:47:26 EST

> Or a broken userspace configuration that just happened to work
> previously :)
>
> I really don't know which one this is, but as it seems it only is
> showing up on Debian systems...
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

OK. Have got quite a bit further in tracking this down and will now
log with Debian somehow.

It is definitely userspace but I don't know enough about that to say
whether it is udev (Debian rules) or something else.

I used git-bisect with 2.6.14 and 2.6.15-rc1 as start and end points.
In the end the patch which caused it to break was the final one - just
altering the Makefile with the version number. I've reverified as well
by going back to 2.6.15-rc1 and just altering it to 2.6.14 and the
problem (mousedev not loaded automatically and no /dev/input /mice)
disappears. I almost thought I'd made a mistake in my testing until I
manually altered that makefile!!

It is definitely not a kernel issue in my opinion.

Ian
--
Ian McDonald
http://wand.net.nz/~iam4