Re: Linux 2.6.15-rc2

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Nov 22 2005 - 22:48:47 EST

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Jeffrey Hundstad wrote:

> This one compiles and boots just fine. I was also able to loop mount an
> ext2 filesystem.

Ok. Andrew added it to his queue, I guess I'll get my patch back that way ;)

> BTW: Since I have your ear, this same version DOES seem to have some
> other bug as well. I did a "make distclean" and the "rm -f" of all he
> object files hung forever in "D" state. I'm using XFS on IDE disks.
> I'm using the same config as was posted before. I didn't get anything
> in an log files that would indicate a problem. Has this been reported?
> If not, what can I do to make a meaningful report?

I don't recognize those symptoms, so more info would be nice.

For example, it would be good to know where the threads are that are
waiting uninterruptibly. You should be able to get that info with Sysrq
'T' (or with the old "ctrl + ScrollLock" thing).

That should tell us if they're hung on a semaphore or waiting for disk IO
to complete or what...

Linus