Re: [RFC] Small PCI core patch

From: Rogério Brito
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 05:51:52 EST

On Nov 22 2005, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> VIA is working with open source community. They are small enough
> (comparatively) that they need every advantage. VIA is one of the
> positive examples.

Ok, so, really who exactly is open-source friendly enough for me to
recommend some hardware for some friends (these friends don't play
games---they are more interested in proving theorems and getting their
papers accepted by journals)?

VIA? SiS? What manufacturers are really getting along with Open Source
drivers (even if their products are not for "3l33t" users/gamers)?

I'm often asked this and until some time ago, I used to give the answer
that Matrox was collaborating, but it seems that Matrox is out of the
game now... :-(

Regars, Rogério.

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@xxxxxxxxxx : http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito