Re: Christmas list for the kernel

From: Marc Koschewski
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 11:22:36 EST

* Russell King <rmk+lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2005-11-23 16:16:37 +0000]:

> Maybe that indicates your ACPI is buggy. I don't know. I know nothing
> about ACPI.

Dude ... this is a DELL mobile! ;) Worse.

> > * What does these 'too much work' messages mean? Must have been come
> > in lately...
>
> It means that we spun in the serial interrupt for more than 256 times
> and reached the limit on the amount of work we were prepared to do.
> Any idea what you were doing when these happened?

Sure, I know: I booted with a 3com Bluetooth Card in one of the two PCMCIA
slots I have.

Shouldn't PCMCIA slot 1 be ttyS0, PCMCIA slot 2 be ttyS1 and any of the
other serial ports ie ttyS2 and so forth? I have infrared as well (which
is setup in BIOS as well as RS232 on the back.l Where are these? Not
that I would need it... ;)

Regards,
Marc