Re: [RFC: 2.6 patch] remove drivers/net/eepro100.c

From: Russell King
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 17:53:23 EST

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 02:39:46PM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:
> From: Russell King <rmk+lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:15:48 +0000
>
> > I leave it up to you how to proceed. Effectively I'm now completely
> > out of the loop on this with no hardware to worry about. Sorry.
> >
> > Finally, please don't assign any blame for this in my direction; I
> > reported it and I kept bugging people about it, and in spite of my
> > best efforts there was very little which was forthcoming. Obviously
> > that wasn't enough.
>
> I think you're being unreasonable.

I think you're being unreasonable telling me that I'm being unreasonable.

> They've worked on a fix for the problem, and now you're unable to test
> the fix, and you're angry at them because they took so long to code up
> the fix.
>
> If you're overextended and have too much work to do and that's
> stressing you out, that doesn't give you permission to take it
> out on other people.

No. It's quite simple.

I've worked on trying to replicate the problem today. Tomorrow I'm
out at a meeting and since I'm no longer working on the problematical
hardware, it is being returned.

That means there's about 15 minutes left before I go to sleep before
having to be up early tomorrow to go on a 2 hour journey to attend a
meeting. What do you want me to do with those 15 minutes? Perform a
miracle maybe?

David, I ask you to retract your unreasonable mail. I'm being quite
calm here. I'm just pointing out the facts that as of *now* I'm no
longer in a position to test.

I was rather hoping that being crystal clear about the reasons about
_why_ I'm no longer able to continue participating in his problem
that I would be seen not to be unreasonable.

I guess I'm just cursed.

Sorry.

--
Russell King