Re: [patch 0/3] NUMA slab locking fixes

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Fri Feb 03 2006 - 17:04:21 EST

Ravikiran G Thirumalai <kiran@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There were some locking oddities in the NUMA slab allocator which broke cpu
> hotplug. Here is a patchset to correct locking and also fix the
> breakage with cpu hotplug Sonny Rao noticed on POWER5.

These patches are on rc1-mm4, which unfortunately contains quite a lot of
-mm-only debugging stuff in slab.c.

Could you please redo/retest these patches so that they apply on
2.6.16-rc2. Also, please arrange for any bugfixes to be staged ahead of
any optimisations - the optimisations we can defer until 2.6.17.