Re: problem booting 2.4.32, unknown symbol

From: George Nychis
Date: Tue May 16 2006 - 11:25:44 EST

Randy.Dunlap wrote:
> On Tue, 16 May 2006 10:56:57 -0400 George Nychis wrote:
>

>> Randy.Dunlap wrote:

>>> I don't know the problem, but dmesg should show you/us the
>>> actual symbol that is wanted and missing, so please provide that.
>>>
>>> ---
>>> ~Randy
>>>
>> If the system doesn't boot, how can i get the dmesg?
>
> aha, my bad, sorry.
> I'll have to defer to someone who knows about FC3.
>
> ---
> ~Randy

Some more info, my bottom most errors:

ERROR: failed in exec of vgscan
ERROR: failed in exec of vgchange
mount: error 6 mounting ext3
pivotroot: pivot_root(/sysroot,/sysroot/initrd) failed: 2
umount /initrd/proc failed: 2
ERROR: vchange exited abnormally!
mkrootdev: mknod failed: 17
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel

- George