AHCI suspend works for me! (was: [ANNOUNCE] libata: new EH, NCQ,hotplug and PM patches against stable kernel)

From: Michael Schierl
Date: Wed May 17 2006 - 08:47:54 EST

zhao, forrest schrieb:
>> And - what SATA ACPI patches?
>>
>> I have quite alot of patches related to sata and/or acpi (collected from
>> different mailing lists) here on hard disk but don't know which ones are
>> broken, outdated, etc. Most only apply on a 2.6.15 or 2.6.14-rc kernel...
>>
>> If more recent patches are only available via git, I'd need some good
>> GIT tutorial first...
>>
>> TIA, and sorry for stealing your time,
>>
>> Michael
> Michael,
>
> I ported a patch from OpenSUSE for AHCI suspend/resume. You may find the
> patch at:

I cannot see any patch in this mail...

However, the patch linked there "indirectly",

http://www.spinnaker.de/linux/c1320/sata-resume-2.6.16.5.patch

applies well on vanilla 2.6.16 (although not on top of the "new EH"
patch) and is the first one that really works (as far as I tested it).

I tested it on a minimal kernel (no network no sound no nothing); I'll
build a new "non-minimal" kernel now :) If I run into any problems; I'll
tell you.

Thank you.

Michael