Re: libata PATA updated patch

From: Kevin Radloff
Date: Wed May 17 2006 - 09:43:27 EST

On 5/17/06, Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mer, 2006-05-17 at 08:58 -0400, Kevin Radloff wrote:
> Okay, I was wrong. :( Sometimes the IDE adapter doesn't resume after
> unsuspending (suspend to RAM) or something like that. Whatever is
> happening the disks are inaccessible though, so it's hard to get the
> exact details.

Linux does not support suspend/resume with any kind of IDE disk, PATA or
SATA. It happens to work for many cases. Full suspend/resume support is
on its way and some of it should be in 2.6.18 or so.

Ah.. Should I not bother investigating the regression and just wait instead? :)

--
Kevin 'radsaq' Radloff
radsaq@xxxxxxxxx