Re: cannot load *any* modules with 2.4 kernel

From: Nick Warne
Date: Sun May 21 2006 - 03:31:35 EST

On 21/05/06, George Nychis <gnychis@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Okay, so heres what I did. I downloaded modutils version 2.4.27 and
extracted it to /usr/local/modutils

Then in my 2.4.32 kernel's Makefile, I changed the DEPMOD variable to
point to /usr/local/modutils/sbin/depmod

Well thats a half-arsed way to do it. The kernel makefile could be
using the new /usr/local/sbin/depmod and the system the old
/sbin/depmod /sbin/insmod /sbin/modprobe etc.

Just install the new modutils to /usr/local/ and then add
/usr/local/sbin to your $PATH _before_ /sbin etc. so it is read
first.

Nick