Is OPROFILE actively maintained?

From: Chris Wedgwood
Date: Sun May 21 2006 - 15:48:34 EST

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 07:53:22PM -0700, Chris Wedgwood wrote:

> oprofile isn't new and a lot of developers use it. Drop the
> EXPERIMENTAL.

Some feedback claims this is not the case and that "it's unmaintained,
rarely well-tested, and may still need changes for some forthcoming
JVM stuff. and the tools aren't yet at 1.0".

Given that it should probably stay EXPERIMENTAL for now. I wonder if
left unmaintained for much longer if it should be potentially marked
BROKEN and/or scheduled for removal?

MAINTAINERS claims it is maintained, if that is not long the case I'm
happy post a trivial patch to change that. Or perhaps we can find a
new maintainer?