Re: Is OPROFILE actively maintained?

From: Chris Wedgwood
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 11:32:43 EST

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 12:51:21PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> By which theory we should ditch ia-64 while we are at it.

ia64 is used, fairly well tested and has a large body of people
working on it

if the code isn't to your liking then I'm sure the people involved
are open to your constructive comments

> Be serious, oprofile is good working code, even if you have some
> personal problem with it.

Yes, oprofile does work, I use it myself. So the core issue is really
whether it should be EXPERIMENTAL or not then.

I've sorta come to the concluusion the EXPERIMENTAL is basically
pointless, it hides too many useful things.