Re: [Winbond] flash memory reader SCSI device drivers [headers]

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Fri Jun 16 2006 - 02:06:11 EST

dezheng shen wrote:
>> PS. I have a question regarding the W83L518 hardware, but haven't been
>> able to get in touch with the right people. Perhaps you have some
>> pointers?
>
> anything about Winbond 518/528/528DA drivers, send email to
> dzshen@xxxxxxxxxxx which is ME.....

Well, this wasn't about this driver but about some other piece of
Winbond hardware for which I have written a driver (drivers/mmc/wbsd.c).

The things I need to know are:

* How does the hardware determine which MMC commands are data
transfers? It would seem it has a (incomplete) list of opcodes internally.

* Is it a known hardware bug that the FIFO usage bits in the FSR
register always read as zero?

Rgds
Pierre